Wed, 21 Jul|
HARTLAND ABBEY, BIDEFORD, EX39 6DT @ 19:00
Time & Location
21 Jul 2021, 19:00
HARTLAND ABBEY, HARTLAND ABBEY, BIDEFORD, EX39 6DT
About the event
- Doors open one hour before the performance.
- Feel free to arrive early and take advantage of the venue’s grounds and surroundings.
- Blankets, cushions, low-backed outdoor chairs, etc, are encouraged. We welcome the popping of champagne and devouring of picnics before and after the performance and during the interval.
- The performance runs at two hours, (including a twenty minute interval).
- For your own comfort it’s a good idea to bring warm clothing and waterproofs. Umbrellas might block the view for others so ponchos/raincoats are a better option.
- The performance will proceed in light to moderate rain. There may be a ‘show stop’ if weather makes audibility impossible but we will resume as soon as possible. If it’s deemed unsafe to perform for any more than 25 minutes in total, The Duke’s Theatre Company will offer a refund upon receipt of a request sent to email@example.com
- Please note that all sites we visit are non-smoking.
Do you believe in love at first sight? Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers dream of happy-ever-after in the face of bitter divisions and bloody consequences. This desperate pair are ready to risk everything for true love... “These violent delights have violent ends.” Who can forget their first love? The way your heart felt like it might explode at any moment. Or that knot in your stomach, when you yearned to see them again. Romeo & Juliet captures the passion, energy and heartbreak of young love like no play since. Have any lovers sparked such joy and such sorrow? Packed with live music, uproarious comedy and heartbreak, this vital and energised outdoor production from The Duke’s Theatre Company promises to pack a punch, whilst delivering the classical text with modern clarity and relevance. This is a story as current and relatable today as it was when it was first performed over 400 years ago. Be prepared to fall in love all over again.